Discipleship Training School
Next Start Date: September 16, 2017 | Learn More
DTS is an intensive six-month program that fuels inward transformation and outward application through worship, teachings, prayer, evangelism, service, compassion, etc.
Reformation Generation Seminar
Next Start Date: July 1, 2017 | Learn More
The Ref Gen Seminar subject matter is focused on how to survive and thrive as a Christian in a college/university setting. We will address the moral, spiritual, and intellectual challenges presented in these potentially harsh environments.
School of Biblical Foundations & Missions
Next Start Date: September 16, 2017 | Learn More
Join us for School of Biblical Foundations for Missions as we apply the principles of the great reformers to our life today. SBFM seeks to ground students in a reformation based lifestyle by applying Gods word to every area of life. This begins first in our private life and then spills naturally to the social conditions around us.
Sharing the Stoke // Surfers for Mission International
YWAM | MAUI - HAWAII
YWAM Maui - Mission Statement
At YWAM Maui our goal is to train and send out men and women of God who walk in the Truth of the Word and the power of the Spirit, who are impassioned to disciple nations through all spheres of society, and who are equipped with the tools necessary to impact the world for the Kingdom of God.
Youth With a Mission Maui is a missions training center committed to fulfilling the Great Commission by equipping and mobilizing young people in biblically based discipleship, and proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ primarily throughout Asia. We do this through; Training Schools, Outreaches, and Serving local churches & ministries.
- YWAM Maui was planted here due to its strategic location as a stepping stone to Asia and the Pacific. As such, our primary focus is to train and send missionaries to these areas. Loren Cunningham's original vision for YWAM Hawaii was to have a base on every island to help facilitate this goal and to have an impact locally on the state of Hawaii.
- Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8 - The Great Commission goes beyond conversion of sinners, to making disciples at home and abroad.
- Ephesians 4:11-16 - Training individuals toward Godly character, maturity & integrity by imitating the life of Jesus.
- John 14:6, John 1:1; John 3:16 - We affirm that Jesus is the second person of the Trinity and we appeal to His deity and death as the only appropriate sacrifice to save man kind, allowing His righteousness to be attributed to sinners when the trust Him.
- Reference 2 Peter 1:5-8 - Our goal in training is to see people develop character, knowledge and skills, so they can be effective and productive in their calling.
- Reference Ephesians 3:7-12 - Throughout history God has anointed two streams of ministry: the local (like the priests of old), and the mobile (like the prophets). As YWAM , we operate under God's mobile anointing, but work closely with those working under the local anointing in any given area. God calls His whole church, both local and mobile, to labor together in fulfilling the Great Commission. As Billy Graham has said:
The whole church needs to take the whole gospel to the whole world.
YWAM Maui - Foundational Values
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) affirms the Bible as the authoritative word of God and, with the Holy Spirit’s inspiration, the absolute reference point for every aspect of life & ministry. Based upon God’s Word, who He is, & His initiative of salvation, through the atoning work of Jesus (His death, burial & resurrection), the following responses are strongly emphasized in YWAM:
- Worship: We are called to praise & worship God alone.
- Holiness: We are called to lead holy and righteous lives that exemplify the nature & character of God.
- Witness: We are called to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who do not know Him.
- Prayer: We are called to engage in intercessory prayer for the people & causes on God’s heart, including standing against evil in every form.
- Fellowship: We are called to commit to the Church in both its local nurturing expression & its mobile multiplying expression.
The eighteen Foundational Values of Youth With A Mission are the expression of our basic beliefs. These shared beliefs and values are the guiding principles for both the past and future growth of our mission. Some are common to all Christians everywhere; others are distinctive to Youth With A Mission. The combination of these beliefs and our values make up the unique family characteristics of YWAM—our “DNA.” They are values we hold in high regard which determine who we are, how we live and how we make decisions.
- Know God: YWAM is committed to know God, His nature, His character and His ways. We seek to reflect who He is in every aspect of our lives and ministry. The automatic overflow of knowing and enjoying fellowship with God is a desire to share Him with others.
- Make God Known: YWAM is called to make God known throughout the whole world, and into every arena of society through evangelism, training and mercy ministries. We believe that salvation of souls should result in transformation of societies, thus obeying Jesus’ command to make disciples of all nations.
- Hear Gods Voice: YWAM is committed to creating with God through listening to Him, praying His prayers and obeying His commands in matters great and small. We are dependent upon hearing His voice as individuals, together in team contexts and in larger corporate gatherings. This is an integral part of our process for decision making.
- Practice Worship and Intercessory Prayer: YWAM is dedicated to worship Jesus and engage in intercessory prayer as integral aspects of daily life. We also recognize the intent of Satan to destroy the work of God and we call upon God’s power and the Holy Spirit to overcome his strategies in the lives of individuals and in the affairs of nations.
- Be Visionary: YWAM is called to be visionary, continually receiving, nurturing and releasing fresh vision from God. We support the pioneering of new ministries and methods, always willing to be radical in order to be relevant to every generation, people group, and sphere of society. We believe that the apostolic call of YWAM requires the integration of spiritual eldership, freedom in the Spirit and relationship, centered on the Word of God.
- Champion Young People: YWAM is called to champion youth. We believe God has gifted and called young people to spearhead vision and ministry. We are committed to value them, trust them, train them, support them, make space for them and release them. They are not only the Church of the future; they are the Church of today. We commit to follow where they lead, in the will of God.
- Be Broad-Structured and Decentralized: YWAM is broad-structured and diverse, yet integrated. We are a global family of ministries held together by shared purpose, vision, values and relationship. We believe that structures should serve the people and the purposes of God. Every ministry at every level has the privilege and responsibility of accountability to a circle of elders, with overall international accountability to the YWAM Global Leadership Forum.
- Be International and Interdenominational: YWAM is international and interdenominational in its global scope as well as its local constituency. We believe that ethnic, linguistic and denominational diversity, along with redeemed aspects of culture, are positive factors that contribute to the health and growth of the mission.
- Have a Biblical Worldview: YWAM is called to a biblical worldview. We believe that the Bible makes a clear division between good and evil; right and wrong. The practical dimensions of life are no less spiritual than the ministry expressions. Everything done in obedience to God is spiritual. We seek to honor God with all that we do, equipping and mobilizing men and women of God to take roles of service and influence in every arena of society.
- Function in Teams: YWAM is called to function in teams in all aspects of ministry and leadership. We believe that a combination of complementary gifts, callings, perspectives, ministries and generations working together in unity at all levels of our mission provides wisdom and safety. Seeking God’s will and making decisions in a team context allows accountability and contributes to greater relationship, motivation, responsibility and ownership of the vision.
- Exhibit Servant Leadership: YWAM is called to servant leadership as a lifestyle, rather than a leadership hierarchy. A servant leader is one who honors the gifts and callings of those under his/her care and guards their rights and privileges. Just as Jesus served His disciples, we stress the importance of those with leadership responsibilities serving those whom they lead.
- Do First, Then Teach: YWAM is committed to doing first, then teaching. We believe that firsthand experience gives authority to our words. Godly character and a call from God are more important than an individual’s gifts, abilities and expertise.
- Be Relationship Oriented: YWAM is dedicated to being relationship-oriented in our living and working together. We desire to be united through lives of holiness, mutual support, transparency, humility, and open communication, rather than a dependence on structures or rules.
- Value the Individual: YWAM is called to value each individual. We believe in equal opportunity and justice for all. Created in the image of God, people of all nationalities, ages and functions have distinctive contributions and callings. We are committed to honoring God-given leadership and ministry gifts in both men and women.
- Value Families: YWAM affirms the importance of families serving God together in missions, not just the father and/or mother. We encourage the development of strong and healthy family units, with each member sharing the call to missions and contributing their gifts in unique and complementary ways.
- Practice Dependence on God for Finances: YWAM is called to practice a life of dependence upon God for financial provision. For individuals and YWAM corporately, this comes primarily through His people. As God and others have been generous towards us, so we desire to be generous. YWAMers give themselves, their time and talents to God through the mission with no expectations of remuneration.
- Practice Hospitality: YWAM affirms the ministry of hospitality as an expression of God’s character and the value of people. We believe it is important to open our hearts, homes and campuses to serve and honor one another, our guests and the poor and needy, not as acts of social protocol, but as expressions of generosity.
- Communicate With Integrity: YWAM affirms that everything exists because God communicates. Therefore, YWAM is committed to truthful, accurate, timely and relevant communication. We believe good communication is essential for strong relationships, healthy families and communities, and effective ministry.
Need to Fill Out a Reference Form?
If you need to fill out a reference form for a YWAM Maui program applicant, please select the appropriate reference form from the choices below. Thank you for your reference, and if you would like more information about YWAM Maui, please check that box on your form, we would love to tell you more about us.